Wednesday, June 14, 2017

End of the school year

  We have so many plans for the summer...I hope not too many!!! The end of the school year went swimmingly (literally because of swim team, but figuratively as well). The end of the year is always a bit tough because swim team starts before baseball ends, so we were on two different schedules in the evening and some dinners had to be eaten at 3:30 and 4pm. Not ideal.
Vander got to be on the Memorial Day tournament team this year. I think he really enjoyed it, but when it came time to do All Stars he decided that he wanted to pass and get into swimming for the summer.
  Oliven (and I) had a piano recital. This was the second one so far. He was of course adorable and did a great job. He comes into my bedroom almost every morning to say good morning and give me a double hug. He says, "this is the best part of my day so far." It's definitely my favorite part of every day. It is special and for me at least, sort of magical.
  As for me, recently were for me a performance for the 2nd and 6th graders (skits and a musical), which were great. I feel like I had a good first year as the music teacher and really brought the program to life. I look forward to learning from this year and doing even better next year.
  Last weekend Gary and Jerrie came for a quick visit as they were passing through and we met up with them at Dim Sum for a brunch.

No comments: